Valhalla's Firkin

The world of beer through my eyes.

About Me

Name:Kipp
Location:Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Friday, August 04, 2006

Friday, August 4, 2006

So what had happended was.....well I can't think of any one good excuse, but it's been a while since my last entry so here it goes.

Casks a success at Foothills!

Thankfully not only was tapping the cask much easier than expected, but I didn't cause any spillage. The cask was drained very quickly and Jamie will be tapping another firkin in a matter of hours. As long as the firkins are drained, Jamie will keep filling and tapping them. Look for another firkin of Hoppyum IPA tonight, with maybe another next week, then a different firkin every week following. The picture of me tapping the cask sucks. Which just means, as Jamie told me, don't hand Tim (the assistant brewer at Foothills) your phone and expect him to be able to take a picture with it, or even answer it for that matter.

Lenny Bruce still managing to brew up trouble

Seems the Shmaltz Brewing Co. that brought us He'Brew and other kosher and "Jewish" beers has produced a beer commemorating the late Jewish comedian Lenny Bruce on the 40th anniversary of his death called "Bittersweet Lenny’s R.I.P.A."

I love how the article reads; "Cowan is not observant but said in a telephone interview he takes religion seriously and keeps his products kosher.

'I’m not making fun of Judaism. I’m having fun with Jewish culture and tradition,' he said."

Not "observant" huh? Routinely you have to point things out to him and he rarely notices the little things. Just kidding, but seriously was the writer short on word space? Make it reads like he doesn't notice things, as opposed to the fact he is not observant in his faith.

Anyway, I would love to try it, hope it makes it to NYC, and think it is great to tribute and raise a glass to a pioneer and groundbreaking artist like Mr. Bruce.

Here's to starting off the night with a Bittersweet Lenny's R.I.P.A. and ending it with a Flying Dog Gonzo Imperial Porter. (Dedicated in memory to the late, great Hunter S. Thompson)

Stay tuned for more to come real soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home